Saturday 21 March 2009

Busy week

I have had a busy week but feels like I've got nothing to show for it!

Mon - Parents transition to school

All parents who children are starting school in my local authority were invited to attend an event. Went over the new Curriculum for Excellence which is moving away from the old 5-14 programme. It is thought to help educate the child as whole, taking in the kids strengths and weaknesses into account, but how practical that will be for a teacher with 20 kids we will wait and see. Up side is that it has been designed to be constantly reviewed so anything that doesn't work can be amended.

The morning gave me a lot of reassurance, and the professor who gave the talk on Curriculum for Excellence said that the best thing you can do for your child is read with them daily. Also to let them see you read and enjoying it. Like me and Keith said, do we read when they can see us doing it (during the day when they are awake) and therefore neglect playing with them etc, or wait until they are in bed? I did have a sly read of my book on the toilet the other day LOL. Multi-tasking to the max; toilet, reading, showing kids that I enjoy books too.

On the going to the toilet during the day thing - I don't get any peace, normally have two children right beside me, both wanting me to chat to them while I do my business. The joys of motherhood. I doubt I will ever had a shower again without someone coming into the bathroom, hubby included!

Tues - Didn't have anything official, just the nursery run, and tidying the house. played outside in the afternoon, have photos......

Photobucket

Photobucket


I made a cracking chilli con carne in the slow cooker though!

Wed - hubby was off, went to the library while Phoenix was at playgroup and I got a Torchwood novel. We went into town in the afternoon to get some things, Phoenix got his haircut and I took Rune to the health visitor to be weighed (hadn't been weighed since 6 week check.) He's 21 lbs, I felt her bedside manner was terrible and thankfully my friend who is a health visitor has reassured me about Rune. I think it's because Phoenix was SO big that I find it hard not to compare Rune to that and worry. I had Brownies in the evening, and I really enjoyed myself, our pack is a lot smaller now (21 girls compared to nearly 40 a couple of years ago.) and I feel like we can give them a better level of care, if you know what I mean.

Thurs - My dad came over tea on Thursday, made stew in the slow cooker, put doughballs in but it wasn't quite doughballs but cooked-balls as I left them in too long. Suppose it added a different texture to it!

Fri - we had a birthday party 4pm-6pm for one of Phoenix's playgroup friends, were all knackered by the end of it, so by the time the boys were in bed I had well and truly clocked off!

Today - I feel that today is another round of washing hung out to dry (hurrah!) and some cleaning. Hubby is working 'til 2pm (likely 4pm he said before he left this morning) so will potter about the house.

Sunday - Tomorrow is Mother's day, and hoping for breakfast in bed and general spoiling. Hubby is off for the next 8 days on holiday, so will great to helping hand around.

Monday - My birthday and day 2 of spoiling, hopefully I won't have a princess comedown on Tuesday. Hubby is baking my cake, not sure what it is going to be but looking forward to the surprise

No comments: