Monday 23 March 2009

Quarter of a century

25 today!

Was raging last night, Hubby went off to bed before 8.30pm, and I always feel like I have to go up... Didn't help that Rune had woke up, and it's so much quicker/easier just to feed him back to sleep. Put him in his own bed in with his brother last night. Ended up bringing him into our bed, and Phoenix soon followed him (as we had brought Rune in and he was lonely?!) Tonight has went a bit better, Rune has been sleeping now for a couple of hours, which is a bit better compared to him being in our bed!

So apologise about my Mother's day post, don't feel like I have done it credit, but may go back to and rework it another day.

So today is my birthday and I have over-eaten! Yikes, quite sleepy so will be logging off shortly to read my Torchwood novel and get my jammies on. My dear Friend Frenchie gave me books for my birthday - First 3 of the Twilight series which she is currently obsessed with (she is training to be an English/French teacher!) and has read Twilight 4 times now, and saw the film far too many times at the cinema! So will have to read that after Torchwood, although I had said this morning that I wanted to read the last Harry Potter.

Breakfast in bed again this morning (Eggs Benedict on muffins with ham again like Mother's day, as requested!) and I didn't end up getting dressed until midday. We went to Pizza Hut for a late lunch, came home and Phoenix and Keith finished decorating my birthday cake. Butterfly birthday cake as the birthday cards that they picked for me both had butterflies on them. As always the day has went too quickly.

Got a lovely charm bracelet from my dad, as well as lovely lush soaps (Yas!), and Hubby got me this recipe book that I had asked for in WH Smith last week. I want him to buy a car so but he is digging his heels, wants to wait 2 weeks until he turns 25 as he thinks his premium will drop. I doubt it will as he has only had his licence since last October. I doubt we will over use the car, but will be great for getting to the supermarket, and taking me camping to Keswick!

For many years I have been holding to this age, as if it will break me away from the 'young mum' group but I doubt it really will. I hate hearing 'oh, you're ONLY....' Yes Phoenix wasn't planned, but I planned to get married, I planned to have Rune, and yes when I am 50 Phoenix will be 30, (Rune 27) and I will still be young enough to enjoy myself, with my hubby. Yes I may not have had all the life experience I would have wanted before having kids, but having kids has changed me. It has changed my outlook on life - before kids I was obsessed with money, and I am sure if I had got a job after graduating, I would have became a full time working mum, no doubt trying to keep up with Joneses. Sometimes I am jealous of friends who are now buying their first houses, and can afford to spend money on it, as well as holidays and having a car. I am embarrassed by my house sometimes, the kitchen and bathroom do need a total overhaul, and to be honest, every room needs redecorated, but with one wage and 4 mouths to feed (and a cat) something has got to give. At times when I am jealous, I do need to remind myself why I am not working, and that's why our house is a mess, and it does make it worthwhile. At the end of the day, we are fed, warm and dry, and my four year old wished me a happy birthday just as he went to sleep. What more could I want?

Had also thought about my last few birthdays and it's amazing how so much can change in so little time. Think this will be the last of the reflective posts for a while, two in two days!

25th birthday - 2009 today
24th - 2008 Mummy to two boys
23rd - 2007 had decided to have another baby, and had just had the implant removed
22nd - 2006 Had decided to get married, with 6 months to plan and organise
21st - 2005 Mummy to a 6 month old,
20th - 2004 12 weeks pregnant and stunned my friends with my news when we were out for dinner
19th - 2003 Mum had died 2 weeks before and I was still very raw, dad signed birthday card from him and her
18th - 2002 All I can remember was having a Barbie cake, but no doubt went and got legally drunk
17th - 2001 celebrated by getting a tattoo, yikes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say that I love you to bits and am proud to have you as a friend :) And I don't mind if you read the last HP book before the Twilight saga!!
Ton amie pour la vie, F xxx